Teeth aren't pearly, until you smile. - Anthony Liccione
With Valentine’s Day only just around the corner, we remind our patients to be extra careful when choosing their treats! You’re probably looking forward to spending some quality time with your sweetheart, as well as indulging your sweet tooth with some chocolates. Of course, it’s important to remember to show your teeth some love as well!
Here are a few helpful ideas for avoiding tooth decay and making sure your teeth truly shine when you step out with your date:
- Avoiding Bad Breath: While bad breath can be a common symptom of a great meal, it’s probably not that appealing to the person you’re sharing it with. Keep some floss in your pocket so that you can quickly get rid of food particles and pesky bacteria in the bathroom; then, pop in a mint to give your smile a fresh, appealing feel. If your bad breath persists even after the minty scent has worn off, though, that means it’s time for a checkup with your dentist.
- Not All Chocolate Is The Same: If you are buying sweets or chocolates on the big day, solid chocolate (the ones without chewy or sugary centers) don’t tend to stick to the teeth like more chewy treats do, making them better for your oral health. In fact, dark chocolate is an even better option, as it contains less sugar than milk chocolate!
- Don’t Get Sticky: Try to avoid gummy candies, hard candies, and sticky caramels. These can be terrible for your teeth. Instead, try giving flowers, a card, or even a romantic dinner at home.
- Sweets At The Right Time: If you and your partner just can’t stay away from the candy, it’s best to enjoy them after a meal so that you keep from constantly exposing your teeth to sugar and harmful bacteria. Also, be sure to drink water and practice a good, thorough hygiene routine afterwards!
- Kiss More: Kissing helps prevent cavities! When you kiss someone it stimulates saliva in your mouth which breaks down plaque and washes bacteria away.
- Valentine’s Dental Gift: Looking to surprise your sweetheart? Teeth whitening may be just the gift your smile needs to look its very best!
IDent, Idyll Dental Clinic
To book an appointment with us:
Call us at: +912240147049/09321330133Email: email@example.com
Post a Comment